Use of artwork.

A place to show off your artistic skills!
Skyward

Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:36 am

Some people may just simply not know theres rules of art use! And thats ok! :D Just make sure to pay attention!

I just wanted to point out a few things i'v seen going on with forums lately in regards to art use as Im a deviant-artist, and i know the deviantart community hasn't been very pleased lately with the sky rocket in stolen art..
Think about the artists.. how would you like.. if you spent 5 hours doing a horse, and someone just took it without asking, and won a bunch of game money for their "Talent" that is really yours? :(

General common sense art rules:
1. Just because you find it on google, does NOT mean you can just use it! And dont credit it as google, because thats the same as not even crediting :|
2. Read the artists rules first to see if your even allowed to use it on HA.
3. If it's someones manip you wanna make a sig out of, you CANT! When people make a manip, the stock image providers usually say the artists do not have the right to re distribute their work.
4. If your unsure if you can use somthing, just ask the person :)
5. If your using it to win money or anything.. ask the person if they have any in profit rules ;)

Proper Use of crediting:
Ok.. so just putting "By so and so" on the image does not pass...if they have a signature on it, leave it there and add a text credit.

Acceptable credit: "Lines by "So and so" on DA, Colour by Clickerooni" (Me)
Un acceptable: "By Clickerooni" or "lines by so and so colour by me" Make it readable!!!

Well what images CAN i use? :?
You can use stock images, and free to use images IF you follow the artists rules...
Stock images are images your allowed to use, as long as you dont sell it or anything...
If your unsure ask the artist.

The best way to by pass all of these rules, is to just do everything yourself ;) Ya horses are hard to draw. Practice! But when using refs for your drawings, dont trace them... and credit the person for the ref, or let them know and show them :D
CL!X--Breeder of 122 12's :) GlenView Foal Orders/Stud Book

Jazzles

Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:44 am

Remember, though, that it is up to the owner of the artwork itself to enforce any copyright violation.

Horse Academy Forums is not and never will be responsible for enforcing these laws. If we are contacted by the owner of said art, we will remove it from the site, but any prosecution is entirely up to the owner of the material in question. There is no need for us to post any of those links, as the information we have in our Terms of Use are quite clear.

That being said, please respect the ownership of the pictures and art you use.

Thank you.
.........................................~Barbara Russell Handwork, moderator~

Jazzles

Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:43 am

Remember, though, that it is up to the owner of the artwork itself to enforce any copyright violation.
Please STOP the harassment of members who do not credit EXACTLY as YOU think it should be done.

If you believe someone has violated the terms of an artist's work, please contact THEM and see if they want to take any action. Send them a link and let them know they may contact any moderator or Andrew if THEY have an issue on how their artwork is being used. We will then have the item removed from the forums.

YOU are not the sig police!

Thank you for your attention.
.........................................~Barbara Russell Handwork, moderator~

• Information