New functions for adding text

User submitted game guides for Horse Academy.
Camiracundus

Wed May 17, 2017 1:51 pm

I've added some new functions today. Therefore I've made this guide of both old and new functions.

First icon on the list of functions is a B. It is used to make your text bold. Upon clicking it, two b's in brackets will show up. The word(s) you type between the ] and [ brackets will become bold. Just like this!

Second icon on the list of functions is an i which will make your text italic. Upon clicking it, two i's in brackets will show up. The word(s) you type between the ] and [ brackets will become italic. Just like this!

Third icon on the list of functions is a u with an underscore. This is used to underline your text. Upon clicking it, two u's will show up in brackets. The word(s) you type between the ] and [ brackets will be underlined. Just like this!

Fourth icon on the list of functions is a quotation mark. Upon clicking it, two "quotes" in brackets will show up. There is two functions for this one. The basic one will, when you add text between the ] and [ brackets, show up as such;
Quotation function type 1
The second function enables you to add an author to the quote by typing in quote=authorname in the first set of brackets, and /quote in the second set of brackets. The text you enter between the ] and [ brackets is the main part of the quote, like such;
authorname wrote:Quotation function type 2
Fifth icon on the list of functions is a code display, which looks like this; </>. This one is also commonly used as a Form, in that it allows you to copy everything in it, making it easier to fill out. Upon clicking it, two "code" in brackets will show up. The text you enter between the ] and [ brackets will be shown, like such;

Code: Select all

Code line 1
Code line 2
Code line 3
Sixth icon on the list of functions is a list with markers. Upon clicking it, two "list" in brackets will show up. The text you type between the ] and [ brackets will be shown with the icon. It does not support spaces made by enter, so you will need to manually add a star marked in brackets ( [*] ) to every line of text you wish to add a marker to. Example;
  • Text line 1
  • Text line 2
Seventh icon on the list of functions is an ordered list, marked by numbers. Upon clicking it, two "list", the first of them ending with a = symbol, will show up. Start with adding the number or letter you want as the first point, the number 1 or the letter a, after the = symbol. This will start the list. When you want to add the next point, add a star marked in brackets ( [*] ) in front of the next line of text. It will automatically add the next symbol to your line depending on what you made the first one; if you used the number 1, it'll mark the next line with the number 2. If you used the letter a, it will mark the next line with the letter b. Example, using letters;
  1. Line 1
  2. Line 2
Eighth icon on the list of functions is a star. It's used for listing items; it's a shortcut you can use in the functions given by the sixth and seventh icons - it's a star in brackets, shown as [*]

Ninth icon on the list of functions is an image. This is used for posting direct images that'll show on the post instead of having to click a link to see it. Upon clicking it, two "img" in brackets will show up. Enter the image URL between the ] and [ brackets. Make sure that the image URL ends with an image file;
jpg, jpeg, png and the likes. Example URL used;
https://image.flaticon.com/icons/png/128/33/33348.png
Example; Image

Tenth icon on the list of functions is two chain links. This is used for adding URLs, and comes in quite handy if you want to change the text of the link. Upon clicking it, two "URL" will show up in brackets. By adding a = symbol after the first bracketed URL, we'll be able to enter our custom text we want the link to show as. We'll use the same link that we used in the example for the ninth icon.
Example will show as [ url=https://image.flaticon.com/icons/png/128/33/33348.png]Horse image[/url] minus the space between the first bracket and the u. Without the space, it will show like such;
Horse image. Clicking the link will lead to the destination of the URL.

Eleventh icon on the list of functions is called flash. This is used for posting files, usually short videos, that'll be playable. Works the same was as the image function in this regard.

Twelth icon on the list of functions is a drop. This is used to change the color of your text - note: Do not make it hard to read colors, or completely rainbow-fied as it's very hard to read like that. When clicking it, a color scheme will show up on top of the list of functions. When selecting a color and clicking it, two "color" will show up in brackets, the first one ending with a = symbol and a combination of letters and/or numbers. The combination of letters/numbers is the color you selected. The text you enter between the ] and [ brackets will become colored. I've picked the top right blue color in the first section for this example;
Colored text

Thirteenth icon on the list of functions is a box named "Normal" with a downpointing triangle. This one will let you select a font size for your text. Upon clicking it, you'll see some size options; upon clicking one, two "size" in brackets will show up, the first one ending with a = symbol and a number. The number is the size of the font;
100 is the standard, the size of the text used in this topic. You can manually change the font size by changing the number to anything - but please do not make it super large! This example uses the "small" function; size 85. Text example here

Fourteenth icon on the list of functions is our first new function. It's called centre, and will align your text in the center of the page. Upon clicking it, two "centre" will show up in brackets. The text you type between the ] and [ brackets will be aligned in the center. Example; Example on centeraligned text

Fifteenth icon on the list of functions is the second of our new functions. It's called font= and is one of my personal favorites to use! It will allow you to select which font you want to type with - you can only select fonts that you have on your computer /device. If you use a font that someone else do not have on their computer / device, the text will look like it's in this standard font. Upon clicking it, two "font" will show up on brackets, the first ending with a = symbol. To select a custom font, type in the font name after the = symbol. For this example, I've used two fonts that most computers and devices support - Comic Sans and Stencil.
Comic Sans example
Stencil example

Sixteenth and seventeenth icon on the list of functions are the third and fourth of our new functions. They will align the text to either left or right depending on which function you use. Upon clicking them, two "left" or two "right" will show up in brackets. The text you type between the ] and [ brackets will be aligned in the direction chosen. Example; Example, text aligned to the leftExample, text aligned to the right Eighteenth icon on the list of functions is the fifth of out new functions. It's called s, and it stands for "strikethrough". This will add a strike through your text. Upon clicking it, two "s" in brackets will show up. The text you type between the ] and [ brackets will have a strike through it. Example;
Example, strikethrough text

Nineteenth, twentieth and twentyfirst icons are to be used together. These make a table layout in your posts when put together properly. Think of this one like coding.
First, you must start out with the table brackets; everything else has to be typed inbetween them, even other brackets. On a new line, you must put the tr brackets. And another new line, the td brackets, in which we will post the content of each table section. Everything has to be posted on a new line for the best result. Used as an example is a part of the Table I use for my Project Overview topics. With the complete code, it looks as follows;
Realistic Breeds
/breedname(editfont)
/namemale(editfont)
/namefemale(editfont)
Studbook
/leveled(editfont)
/posted(editfont)
/studfee(editfont)
Mare Registry
/leveled(editfont)
/posted(editfont)
/thirdline(editfont)
Without the proper code (in this example, replace * with brackets), it looks like this;

*table*
*tr*
*td*Realistic Breeds
/breedname(editfont)
/namemale(editfont)
/namefemale(editfont)*/td*
*td*Studbook
/leveled(editfont)
/posted(editfont)
/studfee(editfont)*/td*
*td*Mare Registry
/leveled(editfont)
/posted(editfont)
/thirdline(editfont)*/td*
*/tr*
*/table*

The amount of sections you can make depends on how many sections you add. In the section of phpbbcode above, I have made three sections - every sections start and end is determined by the *td* brackets.

If you have any questions on how to use these functions, or have any other HTML / BBCode functions you'd like to have added, let me know!

~ Cam
Equus Mare Registry------Forum Moderator - How can I help you?--------Equus Stud Book
Experiment BTA187-----------------Official Breed Designer-------------Equus Foal Orders

Kontrast

Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:24 pm

Nice one Cam!!! Oooo adding videos is cool!

Camiracundus

Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:19 pm

Added the table function with corresponding td and tr functions :)
Equus Mare Registry------Forum Moderator - How can I help you?--------Equus Stud Book
Experiment BTA187-----------------Official Breed Designer-------------Equus Foal Orders

• Information