Dog Training Topic

A place to chat about (almost) anything that's not related to Horse Academy
I♥Horses

Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:31 pm

Okay, so I thought it'd be nice to put up a Topic on for dogs\dog training.
Since there is a lot of us that really do need some help on training our dogs. Yes, I know
this is a horse game but it'd be nice to know something from someone who plays Horse Academy.
Cause all those sites you look at they all of different stuff and stuff you seriously don't want to do.

∞For instants:

How do you train your dog not to go to the restroom in your house? (Potty Train)

Horse Academy Player wrote:How do you train your dog not to go to the restroom in your house? (Potty Train)

Well, this is what I did when I had two dogs in my house that were puppies and didn't know how to hold it in.
I would feed them, they would eat and within 30mins you go take them outside and let them do their business.
You have to do this every single time and they will start getting used to the concept on going to the bathroom outside
and not inside. Be patient, it's not like they're going to automatically get the whole concept. Don't get angry at them when they
do go to the bathroom in the house, cause it was probably an accident, but don't reward them either. Just pick them up and take them to their
mess and ask if they did that, and tell them No, you don't do that, you do your business outside and only outside. After a couple weeks they should be
completely potty trained :)
Last edited by I♥Horses on Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:02 am, edited 6 times in total.
I have no clue if I will be back, I pop in chats sometimes, so if you need me PM me❣️

DreamLyssa

Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:39 pm

:shock: *Tag* Best topic ever right here! ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~You can either get bitter, or you can get better."
Forever home to: Dream Wrecker ALY (L80), California Chrome *AUS* (L75), & War Emblem (A.S) (L50)

I♥Horses

Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:43 pm

DreamLyssa wrote::shock: *Tag* Best topic ever right here! ;)
Haha:) I just thought it'd be a good idea, since I kinda do need help with my
two big dogs. Their breed is German Shepherd Mixed with Red Wolf and Black Lab :)
I have no clue if I will be back, I pop in chats sometimes, so if you need me PM me❣️

DreamLyssa

Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:05 pm

I♥Horses wrote:
DreamLyssa wrote::shock: *Tag* Best topic ever right here! ;)
Haha:) I just thought it'd be a good idea, since I kinda do need help with my
two big dogs. Their breed is German Shepherd Mixed with Red Wolf and Black Lab :)
Ah, German Shepherds can be stubborn at times especially one with some wolf blood lol. I have a Jack Russell and a Black Lab/Beagle X, so I know Labs have their moments too. ;) I'll try to help if I can, and hopefully I won't go trailing off on a long post cuz I'm not good at explaining something with just a few words. :P
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~You can either get bitter, or you can get better."
Forever home to: Dream Wrecker ALY (L80), California Chrome *AUS* (L75), & War Emblem (A.S) (L50)

I♥Horses

Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:48 pm

Haha, I know whatcha mean ;)

cheddar_cheese

Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:49 pm

Ahhhh you beat me to it hah was gunna put one up tomorow xD anyways I have a liver spotted Dalmatian and a white german shepherd. Yes they are both purebred. And stubborn as heck. My german shepherd doesn't like people much she's very protective so I took her for a walk at night instead of during the day and she was a lot better. I'm going to start walking her at night then slowly getting earlier til she's walking okay during the day :)

I♥Horses

Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:01 pm

cheddar_cheese wrote:Ahhhh you beat me to it hah was gunna put one up tomorow xD anyways I have a liver spotted Dalmatian and a white german shepherd. Yes they are both purebred. And stubborn as heck. My german shepherd doesn't like people much she's very protective so I took her for a walk at night instead of during the day and she was a lot better. I'm going to start walking her at night then slowly getting earlier til she's walking okay during the day :)
That's a good idea :)
Anyone know how to break a dog from getting out of his fence?

Charlotte {CLMH}

Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:13 pm

Hey! I love this topic! I have trained many dogs so just say something and I could help ;)

KaylaZoe

Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:34 am

Love this! If anyone needs any help, don't be afraid to ask me. I train dogs every Monday for Autistic companion/assistant. I have trained my own Lab and she is well known around town as a in training therapy dog. If i dont know something, I will get the answer to you within 42 or so hrs (Unless someone has already given you a response) as I have a lot of Dog Behaviorist as friends.
//////////////////////////////////////////Fishi Fish Bowl Ranch

MustangMountain

Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:38 pm

tag im getting a puppy in 4 weeks

• Information