Coding

If you wish to suggest improvements to Horse Academy this is the place!
Color

Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:35 pm

Hello.
My suggestion is about design and making things looking nice and clean. I've seen many people in HA giving signatures and design to their threads a lot of time just to make it look good. But it's hard to really create anything special with those codes we are given to use and it requires quite long posts (alternatively more posts) to make it quite easy to go through. You can especially see in studbooks (a lot of horses and information to get down on one place) that it's hard to get in all information and still creating a good overview of it.

That's why I suggest that we update this forum from BBCode to dohtml. There is a lot of pages on the web that allow other people to use their work as a template in the same way you can find lineart to signatures which make it easier even for those that find it hard to create something for themselves. I guess the outcome of this could lead to a business like signatures, the differense here is that some people can help with design.

I think it would be a fun thing to add for the members and admins/mods.

Try to understand what I'm trying to say, now when I'm reading it myself it kind of does sound like I think everythings here is ugly. But that's not my intention!

/ Color

Jazzles

Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:38 am

We are pretty restricted in coding by the forum base, which is phpBB. :) This is not an independently written board :P
.........................................~Barbara Russell Handwork, moderator~

Color

Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:26 pm

Ah I understand. Well, it was just a thought.

• Information